We recently published a manuscript describing how the muscle specific proteins MLP and CARP are linked to chronic PKCα signaling, and contribute to the development of dilated cardiomyopathy.
To the publication >
AHA Summer Undergraduate Scholarships @ UCSD
The Department of Cardiology is proud to partner with the American Heart Association (AHA) and the Institute of Engineering in Medicine, to enable 5 undergraduate students with the possibility for a 10 week research experience during the summer of 2017. Applications are now accepted until Feb 15! More information can be found here: AHA@UCSD.
About the Lab
We investigate muscle development, signaling and maintenance, by studying the biological role of sarcomeric and muscle associated proteins. We are particularly interested to decipher molecular mechanisms that play a role in the development of cardiac and skeletal muscle myopathies.
Section 'Sub' Navigation:
- January 2017: AHA undergraduate fellowships available. More information here: AHA@UCSD.
- December 2016: Jordan presented a poster on the importance of muscle protein turnover at the ASCB meeting in San Francisco.
- October 2016: We presented data at the UCSD Cardiovascular Science Conference and the SDMRC seminar series.
- October 2016: Contributing to an article on obscurin function published in AJP-Cell Physiology.
- September 2016: Contributing to an article on titin I-band pathomechanism published in Open Biology.